Rishis are enlightened beings who composed the Vedas.
The Saptrishi are seven sages who are changed every Manvantara.
- Kashyapa is the father of the Adityas, Daityas and Danavas. His wives are the daughters of Daksha like, Aditi. Diti, Danu and Vinata among others. He is the son of Marichi.
- Atri has composed many hymns on Lord Agni. His consort is Anasuya, his children are Durvasa and Dattareya.
- Vashishta was the Rajguru of King Dasharatha’s court. His consort is Arundhati, his son is Sakti Maharishi (the father of Sage Parashara)
- Vishvamitra was the King of Kanyakubja. He performed penance and became a Rajrishi. His children are, Sushruta (father of plastic surgery) and Shakuntala.
- Gautama has composed many hymns in the Rig Veda. His consort is Ahalya, their son is Shatananda.
- Jamadagni is the father of the 7th Avatar of Lord Vishnu, Parshurama. He is a Descendant of Sage Bhrigu.
- Bharadvaja is the son of Brishaspati, the god of Jupiter. His children are, Dronacharya (the teacher of the Kauravas and Pandavas) and Ilavida (the mother of Kubera)
Manasputras are mind-born sons of Lord BramhaAngiras Sage Angiras is the co-author of the Atharva Veda. His consort is Surupa, his son is Brihaspati.
Atri has composed many hymns on Lord Agni. His consort is Anasuya, his children are Durvasa and Dattareya.
Pulastya is the father of Rakshasas. His consort is Manini, his children are Vishrava (father of Ravana and Kubera) and Agastya.
Marichi is the father of Kashyap. His consort is Kala.
Pulaha is the father of Kardama, his wife is Kshama.
Kratu is the father of the Valakhilyas (60,000 thumb-sized Sages). His consort is Santhathi.
Bhrigu is the well-known author of the Bhrigu Samhita. His consort is Khyati, and his children are, Bhargavi (a form of Lakshmi) and Shukracharya.
Vashishta was the Rajguru of King Dasharatha’s court. His consort is Arundhati, his son is Sakti Maharishi (the father of Sage Parashara)
Daksha is one of the Prajapatis. His consort is Prasuti. His children are the wives of renowned Sages like. His daughter Sati was the wife of Lord Shiva.
Narada is the messenger of the Devas. He is a Devarishi.
Chitragupta is the god assigned with the task of keeping track of all the good and bad deeds of all the humans. His consorts are Nandini and Shobhavati.